Children’s Craft volunteer
Why do we have Children’s Craft Volunteers and what do they do?
We need Childrens’ Craft Volunteers to run the Zoo’s Activity Centre which offers a variety of activities for our younger guests. Volunteers spend their days engaging with children and their families, helping with activities such as badge making, hair braiding and lots more, plus getting creative and face painting!
It’s not all about our guests though. Children’s Craft Volunteers also get involved in making animal enrichment, such as papier mache piñata, for animals such as lions and meerkats!
There is the opportunity to combine this role with either the Animal Discovery volunteer role or the Ranger Volunteer role.
Who are we looking for?
- Friendly people who enjoy being part of a team.
- People with good customer service.
- Flexibility; if you’re happy to have a go at new things then there is always something to do.
- Reliability and regular attendance. We would like Volunteers to attend one day a week from 10.40am – 4.30pm.
What’s in it for you?
By becoming a Children’s Craft volunteer you can
- Try something new.
- Be part of a team of friendly, like-minded people.
- Spend quality time away from work or a busy lifestyle.
- Enhance your communication and customer service experience.
- Gain more confidence and learn new skills.
- Gain even more new skills by combining this role with the Animal Discovery or Ranger roles.
“As a retired person volunteering gives me a sense of self-worth, the chance to meet a wide variety of people, and the chance to learn new skills, and of course enjoy the wonderful Bristol Zoo Gardens” Annette, Children’s Craft Volunteer.